Friday, March 25, 2011

Put a bird on it...


Dear K,

Hey! How was your Thursday art day yesterday? I had a random day off so I feel a little more relieved of stress this week. The last few weeks I have been really thinking about fabric. Fabric design, fabric repeats, fabric remnants that I have been collecting for years. What is it about pattern that I love so much? (Note pattern research above) Remember my new goal of pattern design? - This silly, crafty, stitchery has been unfinished - hovering and flying over my studio papers for at least 3 years. (ridiculous) I think I have carted these fabric scraps through 3 different states, its about time that they are put to rest and completed. Think they will look great on our living room sofa.

There is something so wonderful about hand stitching with windows open, drinking iced tea and trying to remember all of the sewing lessons that my Mom and Grandma have given me over the years. Despite their patience, I'm still a horrible seamstress... . . oh well.

Hope you are enjoying a moment of sunshine. Happy Spring!
Love, K.

p.s. Also, the reasoning for the post's title is this HYSTERICAL video from Portlandia. No birds next week!

No comments: