Monday, March 17, 2008

Birds in the walls?




Dearest K,

As you know, I'm completely obsessed with birds - a trend in which I am not alone, it seems. Outside our window, S and I have two little doves who are clearly nesting. I check up on them reguarly. The male bird is always buzzing around collecting things and the female bird just sits on her nest, keeping it warm and cozy. Somehow, I end up collecting and keeping things warm at my house!

Since I subscribe to every possible gallery who will put me on their email list, I get regular updates from Traywick Contemporary. They are a really nice little gallery that I became familiar with when I lived in San Fran. Right now they are having an exhibit showing the works of Kelsey Nicholson. I love her use of sculpture, installation and textured materials. As you know, I am a lover of mixed materials, particularly in installation. Since I am teaching sculpture now, its been on my mind alot. What do you think?

Happy St. Patrick's Day! The day of my people ;)

Love and slugs,
K.

No comments: