Thursday, March 13, 2008

Totally J!

Hey k,
So...you know how I'm totally J of Miranda J? I still really love the work she does! The learningtoloveyoumore project continues to be amazing. It's celebrating people, connecting strangers, and (like she talks about in her interview) is awkwardly "real." I especially love how it involves non-artists and somewhat operates outside of the trendy brand obsessed art/fashion-world economy. My only critique would be that this unique exchange of alternative "making" is then placed back into the gallery context for art legitimization (?).
Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UBtwWYY4uw
And what's personally hilarious about this little video, is that my old-friend-J is featured in one of the projects re-enacting someone else's arguement.

Also, check out this website: http://prettycoolpeopleinterviews.submarinechannel.nl/
It's where the interview came from. The site design is adorable, and the content--quirky and fun artist interviews. I'll probably show a couple of these to my class.

love ya,
k

No comments: